50 Days until Majorca.
50 Days to get into a better shape than i am currently in.
Not looking for perfection. JUst looking for progress. If i was looking for perfection, I would only be setting myself up for failure. I am far better off aiming for something realistic, but then reaping the benefits if I manage to go beyond that.
We are (now) booked into a Villa in Majorca with the family. It would be great to be going there with a really decent level of fitness and be able to fit into all those nice new clothes I bought when I was a little smaller..!
It would also be a great start to the 20/21 season if I could be in a good shape for that. Well now is the time.
I am only working 3 days a week at the moment whilst the children are being phased back into school. Again, good opportunity.
50 days to lose as much weight as I sensibly can, whilst also trying to maintain a good level of muscle in my body composition.
I started all of this pretty much weighing 200lb. A good shape for me would be around hte 172lb mark, but managing that within 50 days would be quite an ask. In fact, it would be 28lb, so over 2 stone.
I am going to set weekly targets to aim for, they will start larger as I lose water weight and initial carb drop, but then settle for 2lb a week after that. It is only 7 weeks until we go away, so it would be a tough call to make it anywhere near 172lb, but that isn't going to stop me. I can use this time now to get myself as close to 172 as possible, then continue the journey beyond the holiday, to keep getting into better shape.
I would imagine I will lose 8lb in the first week alone in water weight. (I seem to have lost 2 overnight from day 1 to day 2...). So that would be me theoretically at 192lb with 6 weeks to go. If i average at 2lb a week after that, I could lose another 12 lb. That would then leave me at 180lb for holiday, quite easily. Losing an extra 8lb on top of that will be some hard grafting, but I am well up for putting the effort in for that.
Plan...
Constant calorie deficit (circa 1900kcal intake daily)
Cycling twice a week.
Football once a week.
Strength training 3 times a week (push/pull alt).
The mid-point review will be a family weekend away to Croyde around the 9th July. I can relax it off a little for those days away (though would be foolish to really let off) and then continue for the last little sprint to Majorca.
All this being said, Majorca still might happen this year thanks to the situation with CV-19. However, I cannot continue the way I have been going with eating and lacking exercise and can use this as time invested for the more likely holidays, at October and beyond.
Lets see how this goes.