- Tuesday - Nutrition spot-on. 8k steps (could be better) but day included a 22mile bike ride.
- Wednesday - Nutrition spot-on. 11k steps. Back at work. 1 hour pull session.
- Thursday - Nutrition spot-on. At work. 10k steps. 1 hour push session.
- Friday - Nutrition spot-on. at work. 11k steps. 1 hour pull session.
- Saturday - Nutrition pretty decent. Kickabout. 17k steps.
- Sunday - Nutrition deteriorated. Quite a few 'treats'. Too many calories taken on board. Did go for a tough bike ride in the morning and a hill walk with small child on my back. So all not lost..!
- Monday - Nutrition sub-standard. Made some pretty poor choices. Think I was still feeling a bit of a carb low and was tired from a poor night sleep, so reached for the crackers and biscuits a few too many times. Went on a few walks in the day. 12k steps.
Week's beginning weight: 200lb.
Week's ending weight: 194lb.
Week's loss: 6lb.
Week's lowest: 193.1 (Fri).
Feeling: Good. A little disappointed in myself for the choices over Sat, Sun and Mon. These would have helped the consitency of weight loss if I had made these mint days too. However, we are striving for progress, not perfection, which is exactly what we are getting.
So today was a new day and the start of a new week of my 50 Day Challenge. I went for a 5 mile walk along the beach whilst pushing the pushchair, surely that's a good start to the active week. I finished the day on 18k steps and a really tough push and pull workout with my brother. We have an early morning ride tomorrow and my nutrition has been pretty decent today. So, fingers crossed, another decent week this week, continuing in the right direction.
In order to stand a chance of hitting the magical 172lb number for my summer holiday I need to really push myself with the target numbers. So...
Targets for next week: Aiming to get to 190lb by Sunday (though I might push this to Tuesday to give myself a little wriggle room). This is do-able if I consider that 193 was my lowest last week.
Inspiration for this week has been the changes to likelihood of holiday actually happening in the summer and bookings made for the October holiday too. At the end of this 50 Day Challenge, it really does look like we will all be going away together to Majorca, where I can really celebrate the changes I have made over the weeks I've been working at it. Our pal Boris has confirmed today that the gyms will not be re-opening anytime soon (though pubs and restaurants have...) so it looks like cycling and garden workouts are set to continue for the foreseeable future. I just need to keep reminding myself that my NEAT (non-exercise thermogenesis) and my nutrition choices will have way more impact that my workouts will.
Got to remember to be kind to myself also. This isn't going to be perfect and if I stop myself enjoying it, it won't be sustainable. Need to get back onto tracking properly tomorrow. That has stopped over the last few days and I've treated it far too 'intuitively'!